Monday, March 26, 2007

7 hour Time Limit?

All participants must be able to finish the marathon within seven hours. In order to do so, runners in the marathon will need to maintain a minimum average pace of 16 minutes per mile.

7 hours! I would need 5 days. I figured I could maybe handle around five miles a day with a lot of resting and maybe a nap or two. Now I could complete the 26.2 miles in a couple of days if I traveled at night. I seem to be able to walk further at night than during the day. But either way there is no way that I could travel 26.2 miles in 7 hours. Who would want too? I don't even like driving 26 miles if I don't have to. Saturday while attending the marathon expo so Ken could get his runners pack which includes his race shirt, number bib that pins to his shirt and other goodies. I was shocked how many runners there was. Now the line for the half marathon was out the door down the side walk. We full marathon people got to go all the way to the front in a very short line. Christopher told his dad thanks for running the full marathon after seeing the much shorter line. Most of the runners are very thin people so I bet we had some comments made when they saw us walking around. I thought I should have gotten a sign to put on that said just a supporter not a runner. A funny site at the expo was several cars on display by Saturn a sponsor. Why I thought it was funny is because the people there don't like driving they want to run every where. But I guess they knew lazy smart people like me would enjoy viewing there cars. Let's not forget my fifteen year old that very much enjoyed the test seating (no where to test drive) the cars. Oh yea! did you know there are snickers health energy bars, I saw them they had them out for you to sample. This one man came back for another one telling the man behind the table how good they are. Did I try it heck NO I don't like regular snickers (don't like peanuts). I could go on and on at the wonders they sell to healthy people (runners) but I will save it for another day. Yes, Mom I took notes......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home